Blog Archive

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Large Deluxe Sphere Ice Molds


#1 Sphere Ice Mold Pack
This is the first time I have seen or used anything like this product. I was excited to find out that I was going to get one for reviewing. Some of you out there may have already heard of or used this unique ice mold but I really had not heard of a sphere ice mold until this one came up for review. I have used many of the shaped ice tray kinds and some were ok but a big ball of ice? I thought to myself I have got to try this one. Well as you can see from the pictures, these are on the larger side but I was still able to fit the ball of ice into almost all my glasses I own. 

This set comes with a 3 ice balls, a collapsible funnel, and are flat on the bottoms for easy filling. The set I received came in a clear tube packaged in a box with bubble wrap kind of stuff to keep them safe in the mail. On the top is a good sized hole with a black fill line around it. They are made of a thick high quality FDA food grade silicone that is BPA free with a split in the middle for easy removal of the ice ball. Kind of like the plastic Easter eggs you get for the kids. These are dishwasher safe too, but I would only recommend the top rack just to be on the safe side. There is also a NO RISK 100 % GUARANTEE. I did find that it was a little hard to see the black water line when filling these so I played around with them until I found just the right water level so that when they froze it did not displace the water out of the hole. If you take a measure cup and put just under 1/2 a cup of water in it, ( just under the line for 1/2 a cup ) that is the perfect level for each ball. Then once frozen, just twist the halves apart and WALA, a ball of ice. Push the flat bottom with your thumbs and in seconds the ball is out. Just do not pop these out of the mold straight into an empty glass due to the size and weight they hit the bottom hard. I have not broken the bottom of a glass yet but I have also learned to tilt the glass and use the top rim to help the ice ball out of the mold and it then rolls down the tilted glass without the force that could cause your glass to break. I also made a soda pop ice ball with Sprite and used the same measurement and due to the carbonation it did over flow out of the hole a tad but the ice ball was just fine and still worked. I just removed the soda ice sickle from the outside of the ball and was able to get the frozen soda ball out with ease. It was so nice to drink a cold glass of sprite outside on a hot day and not have the soda watered down and there was still 1/4th of the ball left when I finished the actual soda.
To this



From this to > > > >
These things work. The ice does melt really slow in this form. And they are just down right cool to look at and fun at the same time. I have started making the ice balls and filling an ice bucket in my freezer with them so my family can just grab one and enjoy. 



Yes I have to say I love these crazy ice molds and think they are a pretty good buy. I am having such fun with them.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment