Blog Archive

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Bellemain Micro-Perforated Stainless Steel 5-Quart Colander


I have to say I was so excited to test and review this colander. So many colanders are made of flimsy plastic with drainage that is way to large for job needed and food slips right through or gets stuck in the holes or slits. So what happens? You are standing there picking the food out of the colander and sink. What a mess. I also do not like when you strain pasta and the pasta water leaves that residue all over your colander. No matter how much you rinse and rinse, it is still there.

This stainless steel colander with its micro holes makes so much difference and ease in straining pasta and other foods. The micro holes cover the entire bowl with its tightly configured mesh like design, there is so much less mess. Trust me there are so many holes for straining it is like a very stiff mesh bowl making draining off liquids a breeze. But this colander is not weak in any way. Very well built for long lasting use.

The size of this colander is also amazing. It has room and tons of it. I cooked three boxes of mac and cheese and when I strained off the water there was plenty of room for one or two more boxes, but the colander is not so big that it is hard to store. Somehow it stores in the same space as most colanders but the shape and design makes it so roomy when using it as a colander. It also has two nice handles secured to either side making for a wonderful grip and you can also hang this colander in your kitchen if you like. 



It also has a very sturdy thick bottom ring making it very stable on any surface but does not block the draining function at all.

I also love the fact that I can throw it into my dishwasher for easy cleanup. Things just do not stick in the drainage holes of this colander. No fuss no muss. You are not left with the food sticking in the slits or holes like other colanders, so you are not left standing there picking food out of a colander.

Would I say this is the colander to have? Yes I would. A wonderful and lasting product to add to any kitchen.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment